At the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation, boobs are our thing. On Friday 16th August 2019, we launched a new initiative aimed at encouraging workplace-giving by hosting a BBQ at your work.
Together with HBCF’s principle sponsor, peoplefusion, we are asking businesses in the Hunter region to support our boobs, or rather to support our endeavour to raise much needed funds to support those who are living with breast cancer.
BBQ for Boobs is a new fundraising campaign of the HBCF. It’s simple really. The idea is to encourage local businesses to host a BBQ for their staff and colleagues. Staff are then encouraged to donate what they would normally spend on lunch that to the HBCF.
For all participating businesses, HBCF will provide a “Super Booby BBQ Kit”. The kit has all the BBQ essentials such as a pink apron, a chef’s hat, pink balloons, pink serviettes, a tea towel and a fundraising tin. All business need to supply is the BBQ, snags, sauce and bread.
There is even an opportunity to win a new BBQ for the workplace, when pics of your BBQ is shared on social media.
So what’s involved?
- READ through the HBCF general fundraising guidelines
- REGISTER your business to host a BBQ and we will be in contact to set you up with all the BBQ essentials
- INVITE your team to join in a BBQ for Boobs at your workplace and ask them to donate what they would normally spend on lunch
- SHARE some of your BBQ highlights on your social media and tag us at @hunterbcf @peoplefusion #bbq4boobs for your chance to win a Weber Baby Q valued at $340
- DONATE all funds raised to the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation
Why it is a good thing to host a BBQ?
Each year approximately 600 people will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the Hunter region. The Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation exists to ensure those living with breast cancer are able to do so as comfortably as possible throughout the entire cancer trajectory from diagnosis onwards. The Foundation provides a whole range of support from lawnmowing, cleaning, and shopping services through to wig hire and scholarships to ensure kid’s education does not suffer through the impact of breast cancer.
In addition, BBQ for Boobs encourages wellness in the workplace over a good old fashioned BBQ. So, roll the BBQ out and throw on a couple of sausages and enjoy a BBQ lunch knowing you are supporting your local community!
For more information contact the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation on 0477 760 667 or email email@example.com.