The Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation offers support and practical assistance to those undergoing treatment for breast cancer in the Hunter region.
Our comfort packs are provided free of charge to anyone undergoing breast surgery – these include a cushion which provides relief during recovery from surgery, a drainage bag and information on other services provided by HBCF.
To ease the burden on families, and help patients focus on their treatment and recovery, we offer house cleaning, lawn maintenance as well as free transportation to and from treatment and medical appointments through our supportive care program.
In recent years, we have also introduced a range of survivorship programs. After initial treatment, many cancer patients require on-going support both physically and psychologically – we run three programs to help patients: Meditation and Mindfulness, Equipped for Empowerment and a fitness program called Revive.
All funds raised by the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation stay in the Hunter region, helping patients focus on getting through their treatment for breast cancer and back to living the life they love.
Sadly, not all those who we help will survive their breast cancer diagnosis. Our support services help those patients focus on spending time with their family and friends, and making the most of every day.
Our Supporter Promise
Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation couldn’t offer high quality breast cancer patient support services in the Hunter region the incredible support of people in the community. We value every one of our supporters, whether they’re a donor, event attendee, volunteer, fundraiser or leave a gift in their Will. Your trust is important to us, and that’s why we make this promise to you.
We will not share your personal information with any other charities.
How we fundraise
We will not conduct door to door, or face to face fundraising.
Communicating with you
- We will be professional, respectful and sensitive to your individual needs
- We will give you the choice of when and how we communicate with you – and you can change your mind at any time
- We will provide accurate, clear, consistent and honest information
- We will always respond to your queries promptly and professionally
- We will steward your donations responsibly, and conduct our operations as cost effectively as possible
- We will share with you the impact of your support
- We may decline a donation if we feel accepting it would be unethical or may damage our reputation – if we do, we will be willing to explain our reasons why